Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Polka Dot Nails

Polka Dot Nails

Polka Dot Nails have been something I wanted to try ever since I saw the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips in White & Pink Dots. However, I was so discouraged by the price tag! That's when I decided to try to recreate the design myself. I found a set of nail dotting tools from ebay for under $3! It took a few weeks to arrive, but it was well worth the wait!


Polka Dot Nails

At first, I was very hesitant and a bit nervous to do a polka dot design on myself, knowing my perfectionist tendencies. But I gotta say, it was extremely easy!

Here's what you need:


Avon Nail Polish

I always use the Avon Cuticle Gel to soften my cuticles and just moisturize the skin around my nails for a clean, manicured look. Then I do a coat of the color that I want. This time, I chose Avon's Nailwear Empower Pro, which is a Navy Blue [*sidenote: proceeds from the purchase of this nail polish was donated to victims of Domestic Violence ]. After letting the polish dry, I used Avon's Nailwear pro in Vintage Blue [one of my faves!] for dotting. I pulled out the brush and let it drip onto a canvas, in this case, I just used a cardboard box. Then I used the dotting tool to soak up as much polish on it as I could. The dotting tool needs to have enough polish so that it will make a perfect circle when you apply it. Then I just started dotting away, reapplying polish on the dotting tool as I went. After letting dry for a bit, I applied a top coat. [Beware of smudging!] Finally, 10 seconds after applying the top coat, I used Avon Nail Experts Liquid Freeze Quick Dry Spray *works wonders & smells great!*

Here are some dotting designs:


Polka Dot Finger Nails & Toe Nails

I used the smaller end for some extra small dots on my toes


Polka Dot Toe Nail Design


Polka Dot Nail Design

Voila! You're done! It was so quick and easy, I'm going to have to do it again and again. Not to mention all the compliments I got on it. =)

Until next time...

<3 Laydee Love

No comments:

Post a Comment